Sunday, September 17, 2006

Books with "Indian Connection"

My friend "Bhattu" was kind enough to let me borrow his books ( he probably had no options!!): "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari" by Robin Sharma and "The World is Flat" by Thomas L. Friedman. I must mention that I have finished reading "The Monk.." and have read only first few pages of "The World ..".

Strangely enough, I have felt that both the books has similarity by the way of "Indian Connection", however in a very different way. Both books have a backdrop or source of inspiration as "India". Backdrop for "The Monk.." is OLDEST Living Values of Indian Monks in Himalayas. Whereas, source of inspiration for "The World.." is LATEST Indian Software and Outsourcing Industry. So, India has lot to offer!!!

"The Monk.." : I recommend this book. I have read many books on self-improvement, such as "You Can Win", "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" etc.. Everyone ask you to practice The Best and achieve The Best. Whereas, Interestingly, "The Monk.." describes the extreme best, but suggest to practice with moderation. This particular aspect of this book makes it stand out. I found it very easy to read and understand, which makes it not very difficult to follow to an extend one can. READ IT.

"The World..." started with Indian Software and Outsourcing Industry. Source of insperation is "Infosys" the great Indian Software Solution organization. More to come on "The World..." as soon as I finish reading it.

I am off to a trip to Andhra Pradesh. I am sure, I shall get good opportunity to get my hands on the book.

No comments: